Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MAY I Tell You Something About Myself Tuesdays

Sara McClung invites you to join her (and Katy, Cambria, Jessica, Tracey, Alexandra, Lola, and Alison) for the Blog Me MAYbe.

Mondays: May I tell you something about writing?
Tuesdays: May I tell you something about myself?
Wednesdays: May I ask something about you?
Thursdays: May I tell you something about someone else?
Fridays: May I share something funny?



Well today is May 1st and its Tuesday so that means I need to tell you something about myself. Hmmm what should I say? MAYbe if I just give you a rundown of things that make me who I am on the inside. There are 5 Tuesdays this month so you will get to know pretty well by the end of this.

Let's get started shall we...

1. I love movies. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always loved movies. The first movie I remember watching in the theater was E.T. I laughed, I cried, I wanted to hurt my parents for taking me. My cousin Jason and I went together and when I would cry, he would cry. When he would laugh, I would laugh, but most of the time I was telling my parents over and over that I wanted to go home. I was four yrs old. 4! What were they thinking?

2. I Love me some Zombie's. Not to coddle but I do obsess about them. Duh! Huh? Like that is such a secret. I can’t remember when my mania with them came about, MAYbe when I watched 28 Days Later. Sitting in the theater I remember thinking “Wow!” And then having nightmares, and then fixating over the nightmares, and huh… I guess I do remember when I first became infatuated with them. Never mind.

3. I make picture frames and other crafty things. I know, I go from zombies to crafts – really?! But in all seriousness I do love to scrapbook. And when I’m not creating them by hand then I’m on Shutterfly making online scrapbooks. Which leads me to…

4. I love taking pictures. Photography was one of my strong suits in high school. I still have a passion for it; I just need to find the time and get that awesome new camera I’ve been drooling about for years now. But with 4 kids and all the activities we love to do – the camera has been put on the backburner.

5. I love spicy foods. The hotter the better. Red Hot’s Buffalo sauce is considered a side dish.

6. Growing up I wanted to be a Paleontologist. For a school field trip, we went to this old "watering hole" that the county had turned into a gravel pit. I found this rock encrusted shell. Man did I think I was the sh!t. Little did I know that those things are everywhere.

7. Over the years I have owned several pets. 8 dogs: Brandy, Rocky, Brandi, Bree, Winston, Jaxson, Madox, & Roxee. 100's of farm cats but most recently Mason, Hailee, Bubbies, & Lola. 30 rabbits – whom we skinned and ate, 2 sheep whom we did NOT eat but I did sell them at the fair (Yes, the 4H fair), and a goat – whom climbed up on top of his shelter, jumped off not realizing his chain got snagged on a hook, and he hung himself. The day it happened my brother and I asked where Billy (how original for a Billy-goat) was and dad said he ran off. We knew better. Countless times dad has said animals had run off, however, he didn't know that we saw him run the damned cats over, or seen the dog get hit by a car. That night we had steak – uh huh – steak, really?! We asked dad and mom every night the following week if we were eating Billy. They knew, we knew, he didn’t “run off”.
8. I'm addicted to tattoos and sketching! I currently have 6 which might sound like a low number for someone who's "addicted" to them but I need to find time to sketch. (I only have my own artwork tattooed on my body.) My husband and friends have etched the art on their bodies as well! My favorite things to sketch are trees and inspiration for tattoos. The pic that's missing is tat #4 on my wrist that's a Mandarin symbol representing my husband. Tat 1 - plain butterfly (I was 18), tat 2 - tribal bfly with "Tony" in Mandarin for my brother (my "sister-soultwin" Jaimie got a diff tat to represent him), tat 3 bfly with "family" in Mandarin, tat 5 - "Vous inspire celui-ci" (You inspire this one - French) that Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and I got, tat 6 - tribal "Love".

9. Halloween and the month of October have always been my two favorite seasonal things. I love dressing in warmer clothing but still have it beautiful outside. I love the leaves and the smell in the air. The colors are so magical. The whole family dresses up and we love every minute of it.
I got married in October as well and my colors were all Autumn inspired - girls wore brown, guys' vest were brown, hubby wore orange vest, flowers were orange, browns, burnt reds, etc.


10. Here I would talk about my family or wip's/ms's but I'll save it for another Tuesday. My last ABOUT ME point - music. I love everything about it. Melody, the words, the meaning, the passion, the goosebumps, I could go on and on. When I hear and song for the first time and it speaks to me – that’s something special. I don’t know what it is. As I’m posting this I’m listening to Goyte. Yes, he speaks to me. Some other great everyday work tunes are: System of the Down, Civil Wars, P.O.D., M. Manson, Green Day, Genesis, Police, and Beastie Boys. Oh gosh, but I love it all.

16 comments:

  1. Loving the Halloween themed wedding! My parents got married on October 31st, but they stuck with tradition lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our anniversary is 10 days before ur parents. It was perfect.

      Delete
  2. Cool stuff! Love your tats. Also, love how you picked the wedding colors based on the season. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a spicy food addict too! Oh man and when I'm pregnant it's even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Halloween/Autumn/October too! I just think it's a beautiful time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any other season compares.

      Delete
  5. Love your tattoos!

    I love spicy foods, too. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the house who does. I'm forced to cook boring, bland food and then try to spice up own plateful. Cowards! LOL

    I'm also participating in this blogfest. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a bummer. My hubby cant eat spicy foods cause of crohns so it's pretty boring in my house as well.

      Awesome. Ill definitely visit. So far so good.

      Delete
  6. Do bunches of cornstalks tied together excite you too? Pumpkins everywhere? Pointing out the prettiest trees while driving down the road like your the only one who sees them? yeah me too! Although I do love some cold beer in the hot sunshine staring at my wicked cool garden during the month of August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought u were razzing me. Lol. Cornstalks don't excite me but I do like the way they look. Pumpkins - yes - they excite me. I love them. Grow them in my garden at work. Cold beer - no. I'm not a beer drinker but I'll share my vodka with you.

      Delete
  7. OMG!!! YOUR TATTOOS!!! I DIE. I have an obsession with tattoos but I've never gotten one myself. I wouldn't know WHAT to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you start it's hard to stop. Thanks! I love them.

      Delete
  8. I love Goyte! And The Police. Great music choices you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!