Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, Those High School Dances Bloghop

Hosted by the wonderfully talented Emily and Kelley

Here are the rules for participation:
1. Post pictures of your high school dances. (Make sure you tell us which one is you if they're group pictures.)
2. Share with us your funniest high school dance story.
3. That's it!

The three categories are:1. Best Dressed
2. Funniest Dance Story
3. Cutest Couple

I couldn't decide which picture or what dance story I wanted to tell so I picked - them ALL. Here goes...

Freshman Semi Formal
Went with my boyfriend, Mitch, at the time but he wanted to leave the dance to smoke pot and drink beer. A really treat that one was. I, however, declined and stayed at the dance. My exact words “No thank you. My mom bought this dress and I plan on dancing until the sweat bleeds through.” The next day I kicked him to the curb. No, I wasn’t mad but I’m not dealing with that kind of drama.
Sophomore Semi Formal
I went with a great guy friend of mine. We had been friends since kindergarten and I wouldn’t have gone with anybody else. He was the funny, teddy-bear type. You know the one – never has a girlfriend cause he is just too cute and loveable to date. Travis busted a beat to kriss-kross and kid-n-play – doing what he called the ‘woolly warm’. You know cause he was a meaty man. His words, not mine.

Junior Semi Formal
Went with my Sophomore and Junior sweetheart, David and my brother, Tony. Well I didn’t GO with my brother but he and his girlfriend tagged along with us. Ummmm, just looking at this picture makes me cringe. What was my mom thinking? I know I wore it but she bought it. I look like the consort for Dracula or the evenings street-walking entertainment. *regrettably puts head in hands*

Junior Prom
Again with David. Crap I wish I had that body back. Oh well, I guess if you want a svelt body, HS is the time to have it. So that’s what I keep telling myself anyways. And whats up with the blur on my forehead?! Sun, flash, old camera? *shrugs* Oh well, I looked smoking damnit.
Sadie Hawkin’s (Jen, ??, Lindy, ??, Kenny, Myself, Tony, & Kim)
As you can see David isn’t this one and my partner isn’t matching the rest of the group. I had asked David by presenting him with the shirt. He accepted. Between the months of me asking him and SH, we had broken up. I asked for the shirt back but he never dropped it off and at this point I had told my group that I wasn’t going. And I wasn’t. They had a different plan tho. The whole group showed up with Kenny and said, “You’re going!” Kenny and I had been close since Freshman year. I cried most of the night boohooing over a guy I had broken up with. Girls are so stupid. Aren’t we? Again, I was in the group with my brother. What!? He was my best friend!

Senior Prom (Myself, Zach, Casey, and Jody)
I skipped my Senior Semi Formal and most of any other dance. I was NOT in the mood. All I wanted to do was graduate and the hell out of that place. I was over it all. When prom came along I was asked by Kenny, Travis, David #1, David #2, and Zach. I turned them ALL down. Not having it. I went to school full time, had a full time job, and just wanted to concentrate on my grades. I even quit cheerleading, track, cross country, and volleyball.
So as I’m standing behind the counter at Krogers, Zach comes strolling in with two of his friends. He disappears and a moment later reemerges in my lane. On the conveyer belt is a bottle of Dew, a candy bar, and a single rose. I scanned his items, entered in the code for the rose, and asked, “So who are you asking to prom?” (all the guys presented a gift when asking) he says while I’m standing there with the flower in my hand, “You.” I couldn’t do it – turn him down that is. I said, “Sure, ok.” And that was that.
I went out and bought a dress, this made my mom very happy. Told him what color tux to get and told him, “This is NOT a date and you may come as comfortable as you want.” As you can see he wore and baseball cap, but it was tasteful.
At the end of the night he snuck in a kiss. Punk!

48 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE The flannel shirt one! Oh, yay, the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had so much fun reading this! Love the pics and stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DO look smokin'! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vavavoom!
    I love the progression through high school. We really get to see you grow up. Girl, you've got some kickin' curves! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one big curve now. lol. Thanks for hosting! It was fun to go back in time for a moment.

      Delete
  5. Great post! Love that your brother is your best friend - that's seriously sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He meant the world to me and still does. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Wow. Guys had to present a gift when asking the girl to a dance... what pressure.

    Don't we all wish we had that body back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't have to but it was tradition.

      Delete
  7. LOL. You can't blame the guy for trying. After all you did look smoking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I guess not, at least he didn't leave me behind.

      Delete
  8. I was in the same group as my brother too! He was my best buddy. :)

    And yes, you look freakin' hot baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it funny how we can look back at life and shake our heads? I mean, that drama that was life shattering then makes me laugh now. If only we could go back and time and tell ourselves to wise up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, no kidding. I'd have so many things to tell myself.

      Delete
  10. Great stories! We had Tolo and I was just explaining that it was like Sadie Hawkin's but less formal, I guess was wrong cause your Sadie Hawkin's are just like our Tolo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny but weren't they so much better than getting all glamified?!

      Delete
  11. LOVE the matching plaid and the date with the hat on :) I made my date where a coral pokadot shirt to Sadie Hawkins so who am I to talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral pokadot?! Poor guy. The plaid gives me a headache.

      Delete
  12. Haha. That one dress is definitely interesting but you look SO HOT in the rest! :)

    Great story too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! And thanks for co-hosting this. It was tons of fun!

      Delete
  13. Wonderful stories. A hat? He was bold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he had a great head of hair, he just loved caps.

      Delete
  14. Awww to what Zach did. You could totally put that in a nvl! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stories. Very nice dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are spectacular!!! You are absolutely gorgeous and I agree... high school is the time to rock the bod cause heaven knows I'm not rockin it now! lol. Bummer about Mitch and the pot smoking. Glad you curbed him. Honestly... I would just be pissed he wasn't there to dance with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushing* so sweet! I didn't need him. AFter he left I had plenty of "gentlemen callers". lol

      Delete
  17. I'd have kept Travis. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. look at all those great pics! i have more like those from college than high school
    love the cap! and the cute story =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HS is when I let my "freak flag flag". College - not so much.

      Delete
  19. That boy got some smooth moves! hehe. I really enjoyed reading your reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "I look like the consort for Dracula or the evenings street-walking entertainment." Hah! I love it. :)

    Great photos, Danielle! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your pics! He may have been a punk but he was pretty creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, that's so sweet. He rode a conveyer belt to get you to say yes. I wouldn't have been able to turn that down either.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pictures! I also like that your date stands out in that one picture....he's being a nonconformist :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, me too! I love the addition of his hat. :)) Fun photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was the same way my senior year! I was just ready to get out. But I'm glad you went to prom and that was such a sweet way that guy asked you! :) Loved all these stories. You really rocked this bloghop!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How can someone be too loveable and cute to date?

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!