Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Ugh

Uuuuuugh!

Typing this - I can barely keep my eyes open.

Uuuuuugh!

Damn Hatfield and McCoy keeping me up all hours of the night.

First I watched and then I dreamt.

Then my kids were making fun of me cause I was talking all crazy and crap. Tarnation!

Got me a cherry pie in the baker this mornin y'all. No Seriously. I put one of those pot pie pies in the easy bake toaster oven here at work.

fjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjdddddddddddddddddddfjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Oops sorry. Dozed off.

Yesterday - besides staying up to damn long - I registered my daughter at her new school. The day before - Tuesday - I did the same for my son. Back in February we moved from our small country town to a much larger city. And the past few months I have been driving my kids an hour to school everyday so they could finish at their old schools.

My oldest is going to be a Freshman. FRESHMAN (good song)! We picking his classes while he himmed and hawed about it. See, he has played the trumpet for three years in Middle school and didn't know if he wanted to continue with it. After a few minutes he chose German and Graphic Design as his electives. I am just proud he made a choice. It usually takes him FOREVER!

Next was my second oldest and she's starting the 7th grade next year. She also plays an instrument - flute - and wasn't sure if she wanted to do band again. She didn't. She selected Art, Computer Tech, and TV Production plus PE.

PE Uuuggghhh!

Ok, so when I saw TV Production as a choice, I was so jealous! Where the heck was that when I was in school? Granted it was 22 years ago since I was in the 7th grade and I went to this rinky-dink podunk country school, but still. Jealous!

Kid #3 is going to the 4th grade so he is still forced to take whatever the school wants him too and my youngest is 2 and I'm not sending her off quite yet.

Have a great Thursday and try to stay awake!

22 comments:

  1. My youngest just graduated from 5th grade and is now a middle schooler. We're all pretty scared. But her big sister is a junior in high school, so we've been there before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a little nervous for my first high schooler. I know he'll be fine but I might not be.

      Delete
  2. I'm tired, too. Ugh!
    I'd love to see you chug down some coffee! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful mom you are to drive them an hour just so they don't have to change. I bet you couldn't wait for summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add another name to the tired list. I've been getting three or four hours of sleep a night all week. Ugh.

      I'm getting my five-year-old ready for kindergarten, which I have to say freaks me out. I'm glad I'll still have one more at home. This is all just too scary for me. Yikes. ;)

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks Suzi. I am extremely happy school is done. I hated driving that and the amount of gas was stupid.

      Delete
    3. Dana - I'm sorry about the lack of sleep. I hope you can catch up this weekend.

      How are we supposed to stay beautiful if we are missing out of our beauty sleep. So unfair!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm. . . trumpet, German, and graphic design. That sounds like my freshman year in highschool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! That means I'm going to have a great kid on my hands. From what I can tell you turned out great so *fingers crossed* so will my son!

      I'm sure you and him would be like two peas-in-a-pod.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh... I just want to tuck you in and let you sleep for 10 straight hours!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Morgan, I'd love to be tucked in! 10 hrs! I can only dream!

      Delete
  6. I too was inebriated by the Hatfields and McCoys.
    4:30 am comes really early. It was worth it.
    My step daughter is going to be a junior this coming year and my step son will be starting his second year of college.
    I at a still somewhat youngish 37 will be starting to go completely grey from the sides all the way to the back. The circle of life is completing itself. Ughhhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the time I get up too! I've been grey since I popped out my first kid.

      Delete
  7. I loved the Hatfields & McCoys show! That was a pretty amazing and sad and crazy ride.

    Good luck with all your kids and school stuff. Very taxing, but the kids will have a much better chance of getting out of the house, one day, if you get 'em schooled. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their education is first and foremost!

      I can't wait until History Channel replays all 3 this Saturday. I know what I'll be wasting 6 hrs on.

      Delete
  8. Just left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey,

    Trying to stay awake too :)

    PS... you made the finals of my photo caption contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the lack of sleep thing.

      No way! Yay, I'm super excited! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. When my nephew asked me what adults loved doing the most, I was half tempted to tell them that what we secretly wished for is to get more sleep. I hope you stayed up all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it until I got home and then took a nap. I know what you mean. Looking back now I wish I would have taken all those naps my parents told me to.

      Delete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!