Monday, May 7, 2012

A to Z Reflections

This was my first year participating in the A to Z Challenge and to be honest … it was a love/hate relationship. Sometimes it was a b___h. Period. But I LOVED every minute of it.

Let’s start with some of the NEW blogging buddies I found doing A to Z...

The High Cost of this Low Living – Bushman is hilarious! His A to Z was about his life experiences. Seriously people … you need to follow him. He can write his a$$ off and it flows so brilliantly! My fav post: Possum Puppies.
Geek Daddy – He was my daily dose of Star Wars and this I was grateful for. He posted about characters I’ve never even heard of like Zett Jukassa. 
Spirit Called - You wanted movie quotes? Well there were movie quotes! Not only that but Huntress comments back and has the best things to say. 
Pensuasion - You want Sci-Fi? You got it!

How about some oldies but goodies must follows...
Bouquet of Books - Jackie was a panster. She posted about stuff that appealed to her. But I guess plotting to be a panster is still being a Plotter anyways. Right?
Geeky Tendencies - I'm now a pro at everything Final Fantasy and still have no idea how to play. Now if we were talking about Zelda then I'd be all over like bees to honey.
Groundwire - What an amazing chick! She's cool (like frozen yogurt - Kiwi Loco! check out her NEW store!) and chic designing dresses, and plain ol interesting.
Miranda Hardy - What a dream. No literally. She featured the different dreams one can have and what they could mean. Some were sweet, some made sense, and some scary the bejeebers out of me.

The do's, don't and wtf's of my 2012 A to Z experience...

I’m fairly new to the whole blogosphere. Started blogging in August of last year so when I signed up for this I thought it would be a great way to meet new bloggers and gain some new followers, etc. So in doing I thought what a great way to post about my top 5 favorite things. Zombies, Movies, Books, HP, and Norse Mythology. Norse Mythology is my current passion ‘cause it’s my newest WIP's setting. I totally plotted the whole thing in Excel. All 26 letters, all 5 topics, equally a total of 130 posts. AAHHHH!

Then came the Saturdays. I usually don’t blog on the weekends so when the 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th came along I was sleeping in late on purpose and two of those posts where made up on the spot ‘cause I didn’t want to do my originals. Letter Y was to be done on the 28th but I posted that I would do it Monday with the Letter Z. You know, because it’s Y&Z not Y … Z. They go hand and hand.

What am I changing for next year? It’s only going to be one focus for the whole duration. Whether it’s about me personally or about my writing, or nature, it’s only ONE topic.

What was something that drove me nuts? People posting on the wrong days. I get that you missed a day like I did on the 28th but some were off one or two letters the entire month. People have their pet-peeves and this is one of mine. I’m planning to see Letter F and you posted about Letter H. How in the heck did you get two letters ahead? No – I get it – you posted on Sundays.

And the comments! I tried to post on your blog if posted on mine so if I missed anyone and I’m sure I did, I’m terribly sorry. I was disappointed when I commented and never got a response back so I’m sure others were disappointed with me as well.

22 comments:

  1. Oh I loved all your posts! (Harry Potter!) and my pet peeve with the wrong letter on the wrong day was me thinking I had posted the wrong letter, lol.

    Comments were hard to keep up with for sure. I think the only day I missed responding was Y because that weekend was just a mess.

    Oh! I mentioned you in my reflections post today! Wanted to thank you for making me laugh till I cried and for visiting me, like every day. Girl, I love ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, love ya too! I'm grateful we blogged into each other cause you are too cool to not be friends with.

      I love every single one of your posts. Couldn't have gotten much better than those posts!

      YAY! I made your top comments!

      Delete
  2. I always reply to my comments so I hope you were happy with my replies lol!

    Also, people posting on the wrong days annoyed me too. The rules we had to follow were pretty simple so I don't get why they couldn't just follow them lol

    I'll probably do a theme next year too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You comments were always appreciated and I always went back to see what you said cause I knew you would comment.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finishing! I was also slightly miffed by the amount of people who were posting the wrong letter on the wrong day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto of the finishing part. Loved reading your diary entries.

      Delete
  4. Aw. Thanks for the shout out! I've always said I'm a panster who plots with a tiny outline. LOL I wish I was better at plotting. :/,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do what works for you! I plot and then get very bored because it's all done.

      Delete
  5. Your posts were a blast! I loved em - especially the HP stuff. I had to hide my eyes a bit with the Zombies, though. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you're my non-zombie girl. It's all pretend. Glad you still came back to check out HP. True follower!

      Delete
  6. You had some really great posts! Glad I found your blog. :)

    Yeah, I couldn't figure out how so many people could post on the wrong days, but oh, well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I'm glad we eventually found each other cause you're a great addition to my favs!

      Delete
  7. I know most of those bloggers you mentioned!
    Bummer, sorry I missed most of your posts. I was overwhelmed trying to keep up. (I'd say too many friends, but I never want to say that.)
    A central theme helps not only you but visitors, because they know what to expect.
    Glad you enjoyed the Challenge!
    And thanks for your kind words at Falling For Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When talking about you Alex, there's only kind words to speak of.

      I understand you were super busy and I didn't expect any of the co-hosts to stop by everyday.

      I did enjoy the challenge and happy I joined.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on finishing the challenge and sharing your reflections. I’m following you now and hopefully, next year, we will do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I followed back and excited to be following you now!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the shout out! I also found that those more than a couple of letters off threw me off.

    I can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! Even tho it was a bot daunting I still had fun.

      No prob about the shout out! It's well deserved.

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, I am HONORED that you mentioned my blog! I had so much fun reading yours this challenge (it was definitely one of the blogs I most anticipated every morning - top three for sure). I can't believe the amount of topics, books, movies and characters you covered every day. You rule. And I have to say, you have incredible taste.

    P.S. As a fellow Whedon fan, I have to know - have you seen Avengers yet?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks! ::blushing:: Top 3! How cool. You were in my top morning line-up as well.

      No I haven't seen it yet and literally dying inside.

      Delete
  11. Wow! You love HP and Zelda? Me too! I'm sorry I missed your posts during the challenge, but I will go back and read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. At the rate I am going, catching up is going to be just as much of a challenge. Congrats on making it across the finish line :)Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!