Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Wkend & Funny Friday

It's also the last day of school for the kids and this makes me uber excited.

I MEAN UBER EXCITED!

I love my kids at home. I know where they are. I know what they're eating. I know what they're playing. And I KNOW they are not being picked on or BULLIED. Ho hum.

In honor of the forth-coming Memorial Weekend, I'm giving a little tribute shoutout for my brother...


2002 - I was 9 months prego in this pic. Oh my word, I'm HID! EE! OUS!


PFC. Anthony Wagner
June 1980 - November 2002

Ok so now on to the funny part...

Last week we were packing the van up to go the lake.

I was in the back loading up sand toys and whatnot when I heard my two yr old say and I shit smurf you not...

"Can someone get my door peaze... Jeezus!"

I about died! ... Laughing that is.

Next thing I hear...

"Danielle! That's all you!"

Now I'm getting reprimanded by my husband. I do have to admit, I'm the "Jeezus" name dropper. My husband is the "Jackass" dropper. So needless to say I have my hands full and by my own accord.

But if I get called "Jackass" one more time I'm slapping my husbands mouth and not my daughters'.

Happy Friday and have a SAFE Memorial Weekend.

Hoorah!

11 comments:

  1. I hope you have a safe weekend as well. Kids are great at saying things that show us parents what we do wrong- notorious truth tellers even when they don't mean to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep your bother in my thoughts this weekend!

    Also, I know I'll be the one accidentally teaching my children curse words when I have them... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny!! great picture of your brother btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're excited for the kids to be back at home? I can't wait to ship mine off! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful tribute to your brother.

    You crack me up! I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house. ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Memorial Day/Weekend! Your husband won't be so superior when your son starts yelling out Jackass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Great story and have a great weekend.
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, Danielle.

    That's a funny family story.

    Summer vacation begins in two weeks where I'm at. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was about two, my parents and I were having breakfast with my grandmother and great grandmother, and I said 'goddamn it.'

    My poor parents were mortified.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, love it when the kids say what we say and we realize how often we say it. Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lani cracks me up!

    Trevin still has his Tony soldier. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!