Friday, April 4, 2014

Top Ten Dystopian and Dreams of Gods & Monsters



This year I am posting two themes: 26 Top Ten's and 26 Novel's (mostly published from 2014)

My Top Ten for letter D:
Dystopian – Top Ten Cacotopia, Kakotopia, Cackotopia, or Anti-Utopia Novels & Movies (no particular order)

1.  Lord of the Flies by William Golding
2.  Red Dawn; 1984 American war film
3.  Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins novels & films
4.  Equilibrium; 2002 science fiction film where both feelings and artistic expression are outlawed
5.  The Road by Cormac McCarthy novel & film
6.  The Host by Stephenie Meyers novel & film
7.  Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
8.  District 9; 2009 independent science fiction action thriller
9.  The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan
10. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers


 
 
Come back tomorrow for letter E!!

7 comments:

  1. Dreams of God and Monsters sounds like a great series; one that I will have to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dystopia is rising high! Hunger Games a definite win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS! I took part in a read-along on Goodreads - re-read the first book in the trilogy, then read the second one, so I am soooo ready for the third one. :)

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex's Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of the Daughters of Smoke and Bone quite a bit. I may have to pick them up.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read books #1 and #6. I really enjoyed The Host, but I haven't seen the movie yet. Dreams of Gods and Monsters sounds amazing! And the cover is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've developed a love for dystopian, so thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your top ten Dystopians list. The Hunger Games would definitely be on my list and I would also include Nineteen Eighty Four, Brave New World, The Handmaid's Tale, Divergent and Delirium. I can't wait to read Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favourite series ever.

    ~Tizzy @ Creative Therapy

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!