Friday means a lot of things; the end of my work week, the day I can where a casual shirt to work (today I'm in all black except for some really colorful socks), and the day I get to share all the cool stuff I've done this week. Thanks Viklit for giving us an outlet!
Well lets get started...
- I've only post one other time this week: Express Yourself - Top 5 TV Shows currently watching, & the Deadly Seven Sins survey.
- I did something a little outside of my comfort zone... BackStory: My older two's father walked out on us when my children were very very young, although I have always allowed them to have a relationship with the rest of the family. He has been married twice since then and has 3 other daughters between the two. Long story short... I was asked if all the grandkids (18 all together) on that side of family could have their picture taken together as a Christmas present to their grandparents. This means my two would be meeting their other siblings for the first time. (Now ranging 12, 2, and 5 months) Although my kids didn't want anything to do with it, I talked them into it and they walked away with a very great meeting and experience. They also met a step-brother. However, they still haven't met their biological dad. They don't want to. I try to encourage it but they are 15 and 13 and are very adamant they already have a dad and meeting their bio dad won't make a difference to them. But on a bonus side, they really like the lady who would be their step-mom if that's the relationship they wanted with her. She is really cool, my kind of chick and I think my kids can relate to her because they say she reminds them of me. This is just the beginning... let's see where this chapter in our lives takes us.
- Every October a holiday warehouse opens up in the town where I live. Everything in the store is $1.59 unless marked otherwise. Yesterday I did some shopping for stocking stuffers and whatnot. I walked away with a few childrens books, plus Feed by M.T. Anderson(2002) (which has a character named "Link" after Lincoln which reminds me of Beautiful Creatures(2009). And I also picked up some cooking books and another book about food and cultures (my son loves to cook). And another book about the beautiful places all over the world and The Mystery of the Fool and the Vanisher by David Ellwand. All of these books were $1.59! I was so excited. Plus I got a ton of other "crap"; coloring books, ornaments, games, earbuds, iPod/iPhone holders, hats/gloves, etc.
- Family pictures are tomorrow. I'm so excited. The last time was had a pro family picture taken was 3 years ago.
- YAY!! Work decided to make every Friday "Jeans Day". This makes me very very happy!
Hope you guys have an awesome and relaxing Friday and weekend.