This week I'm celebrating...
- Monday I expressed my love for WIP/Life Music!
- Watched World War Z with my Honey! It was intense and AWESOME!!
- Wednesday I shared What's Up!
- Yesterday I was Liebstered!
- The other day my Honey and I went and bought a Soffe tank (which I explained in my Wednesday piece) for an event that's coming up in July and while at the clothing store I walked past some Maxi dresses and Peasant skirts and he gave his opinion on both. He said he liked Peasant skirts over Maxi dresses. Now he didn't know them by name, he only pointed he said, "I like these over those." Then he proceeded to tell me he preferred solid colored tanks with the white bottom skirts. But he knows I like the colored bottom skirts too but white was his favorite. Now, don't get my husband wrong, he isn't controlling what-so-ever... he likes to think he is but he knows he has no control over this beast. But I did ask for his HONEST opinion and people that actually KNOW me, know that I REALLY REALLY want your actual HONEST opinion. What's the point if you're gonna candy coat? I mean he's the one that has to look at me. And he's the one I'm married to and the one I need to make sure I keep happy so why not make sure I have a few items in my closet he likes. Right?! Plus I'm short and busty so finding a Maxi dress that fits me is hard to come by anyways. (I've supplied pictures for the guys and maybe some gals that aren't sure what's clothes I'm talking about)
Peasant Skirt - I LOVE this outfit!!
Have a happy Friday and weekend everyone!!
You're for sure in with the hip clothes. I don't even know what maxi and all that is! I just throw on whatever. heheReplyDelete
I can't wear maxi dresses, I'm too short! They swamp me.ReplyDelete
I don't have an opinion on the clothes but congratulations on your award. Have a great week.ReplyDelete
Anything loose and swishy is my summer choice. Love that skirt!ReplyDelete
Well, I'm not really a dress person, so I'd pick peasant skirt between the two, but I'm always in shorts this time of year.ReplyDelete
If only our British would get started I might be tempted to get my legs out. I'm still wearing jeans and boots.ReplyDelete
Peasant skirt most definitely. Your husband has good taste and it's nice to read about a guy not afraid to say what he likes his wife to wear. Too many guys thinks that somehow chips at their masculinity. It's just clothes. Glad you had a good week and congrats on your latest award.ReplyDelete
Peasant skirt. Oh, yes. Congrats on your award!ReplyDelete
I had no idea what a Maxi dress was, so thanks for posting the pics!ReplyDelete
Meanwhile, I prefer a white top with a colored/print/funky bottom, like you do. Though I agree that it's important to take your love's preferences into consideration, now and again (assuming they don't always mesh with your own). :-)
Some Dark Romantic
Congrats on the new tank and good luck with the obstacle-bike-race thingy. I can't help with the maxi/peasant decision. Now that I no longer have to perform for resort guests, I NEVER wear dresses. I'm happily retired and dress like a hobo! lolReplyDelete
That is a cute skirt!ReplyDelete
I think I'd recommend the tank/skirt combo too, though I had never heard of a 'maxi-dress' until now :)ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend!
I'm too short for long skirts, but my tall daughter looks great!! I've always wishes for a couple of extra inches in height, instead I'm growing in width.ReplyDelete
I like the tank/skirt combo :)ReplyDelete
Actually I like both! Unfortunately maxi dresses make me look extra short :(
World War Z was full of awesome!! :)ReplyDelete
And I have no opinion on skirts.
I wanna see World War Z! Glad you liked it ;)ReplyDelete
OK, on to business: I would go for the skirt over those dresses because I'm very short and it will all drag, no good. Plus, that pic up there with the tank and skirt combo is too darn cute to pass up on :D
I love dresses like that, but not on me. I've just never been a dress girl. Maybe that's why I dress some of my characters up in them. :)ReplyDelete
They're both quite nice, if you're one of those who could pull it off, me not one of those. It always looks better if you could see it on someone, so it's harder to say whether or not the maxi dresses are better. Writer’s MarkReplyDelete
I personally prefer skirts, but that's just because I need some kind of waistband to clip my insulin pump to. It's impossible to do that with a dress!ReplyDelete
I told my kids I was going to have a "pant-less summer" I love both peasant skirts and maxi dresses. As long as they hit me in the right spot, below the knee. I don't like showing too much skin now that I am old.ReplyDelete