Mina Lobo @ Some Dark Romantic nominated me for the Inspirational Liebster Blog Award! Mina is a very cool goth chick that gives tons of blogging love and is such an amazing support. We recently connected on Facebook and she cracks me up! She is definitely one to follow!!
- Display logo in blog
- Thank and link back to your nominator.
- Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees.
1. What would you peg as an appropriate age of majority?
Oh gosh… this is so different all over the world. But personally, as a parent now, I would have to say 25ish. I know that seems “old” but it’s after college years and after all the “horsing around” is out of the system and maybe by then you have “sewn your oats”.
2. What would win in a fight: math or science?
Well science has always been a love of mine but you can’t have science without math. Formulas are made of numbers.
3. How do you feel about time travel as a narrative device?
Well, seeing how I’m currently using it in one of my WIP’s, I feel ecstatic about it. But I don’t worry about the whole meeting-yourself-thingy.
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I always say green cause it’s my favorite color but this time I’m gonna say white. What? Too boring? Let me explain. White can supply redo’s, an empty canvas, a start over. Kind of when painters start on a new canvas, or when us writers start a new story. It all begins with a white background. Even a new blog starts out white and we change it to how we like it whether it is black, green, blue, red, etc.
5. What’s the last movie you saw in a theater?
World War Z – it was intense!
6. The power goes out. It will be out for several hours. What do you do with yourself?
Are my kids gone? – Find my husband ; ) If my kids are around… play a game by candlelight.
7. Who’s your favorite fictional private eye?
Shawn Spencer from Psych
8. What’s your greatest struggle as a writer?
Taking (quitting) breaks when I hit a snag.
9. What one book do you think everyone should read?
It’s a series – Skinjackers series by Neal Shusterman
10. What song are you listening to right now?
A remake of Hurt done by 2 Cellos
11. Where in the world would you like to be right now, and why?
West Virginia – cause I want to be white water rafting using Rivermen on a vacation with my husband, and a group of friends and family! I love white water rafting!!
Seven Things about Me
1. I have a scar on my chin, right below my cleft, from falling on a nail when I was two.
2. My cousin and I have matching birthmarks on our hips but on opposite sides. We also look similar to one another.
3. Another scar I have on my inner right knee is from me kicking a soccer ball off a pier and getting my leg caught on a nail when I was 14. My boyfriend at the time had to pull my leg off the pole the nail was hammered into. My parents freaked!
4. When I line my teeth up, my right front tooth touches my bottom teeth but my left does not. I can’t tell if my right tooth is longer or if my jaw is crooked.
5. My eyes are hazel and tend to change colors with my mood or what I am wearing. My husband says I’m a walking mood ring.
6. Like a few of my cousins and two of my kids, I am covered in freckles and I like them.
7. I currently have 6 tats; one on each foot (1 for a friend, 1 for my family), one in between my shoulder blades (for my brother), one on my wrist (for my husband – not his name), one on my lower left back (butterfly), and one on my upper right thigh (for my family). Each one consists of a butterfly, Asian lettering, flowers, or abstract words. In my lifetime I’ve also had both Tragus’ pierced, a pierced Labret (lip), my tongue pierced, I have 5 piercings in each ear, and I’ve had my hair dyed every color of the rainbow.
And there you have it, 11 questions and 7 random facts about myself.
I would give this award to more of my fellow bloggers but this has gone around several times in my neck of the blogging woods. So instead of me handing it out I would like you to tell me about a SCAR, BIRTHMARK, TATTOO, or PIERCING you have/had in a comment below!
Have a cool Thursday!