Wednesday, July 18, 2012

First Hookers, now Hangers

It's the second day for the Hookers and Hangers Blogfest hosted by the Falling for Fiction chicks.

We all know how important the first and last lines are in every chapter. This blogfest will hopefully get your HOOKERS and HANGERS polished making it impossible for readers to put down your book and leaving them begging for more!





On July 16th, we posted the first sentence from each chapter.

For today, July 18th, we are posting the last sentence from each chapter.

Post as many as you like!



They will be judging everyone's first 3 Hookers and Hangers.


I know I it's only the first 3 but just like Monday, I added another. I wanted to do every Hanger but gave up on that. I decided to make this as painless as possible.

CH. 1 - "I know the perfect place to put her staff,” the blonde mutters as the three of them step into the light.

CH. 2 - Maybe a nice corner in the back of my closet would be comfortable.

CH. 5 - “If that’s the case,” I stared at the strangers as they strolled away, “she needs to work on that. It has got to be the worst I’m-sorry-for-your-loss face I’ve ever seen.”

CH. 8 - The three men marched back into the woods from where they ascended.

29 comments:

  1. LOL. Love the voice and the closet remark :) Very clever, and left me hanging to read more. Very impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab work, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ch. 5 made me chuckle. I'm wondering what happened right before that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Especially loved chapters 2 & 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I giggled at the first one. Must be my dirty mind, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chapter 5 hanger. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 5 hanger made me laugh. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! You have a brilliant way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourites were the first two, both so funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those first three had me rolling! Love the voice! Great hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally giggling on that first one! Loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the "I'm-sorry-for-your-loss face." That made me smile. I like the way your MC thinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 and 5 made me laugh! This sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks guys and dolls! You are all so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really strong! Great voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Attitude! and more! #1 is my pick but #5 is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chapter 5. I want to know why they are faking grief faces. Are they hustling a funeral?

    ReplyDelete
  19. #2 could be either funny or forlorn. The MC has a spicy attitude and that makes for a great read:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "I know the perfect place to put her staff,” the blonde mutters as the three of them step into the light. - Was my fave hanger, Who wouldn't want to read on after that. Cool work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like these hangers, especially 2 and 5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all really good, but I think #2 is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The second one makes me wonder why they need to get in a closet and the next one made me chuckle.

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This. Is. Awesome.

    "I know the perfect place to put her staff,” the blonde mutters as the three of them step into the light.

    I'm pretty sure I get the gist of it and am IN LOVE with the voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Maybe a nice corner in the back of my closet would be comfortable."

    That alone will keep me reading. Awesome hangers! :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!