Monday, March 5, 2012

I Have A Bone To Pick With The Walking Dead - AMC Version

Repeating the title; I have a bone to pick with The Walking Dead! Not that they can bring people back from the dead. Well, er, I mean, well you know what I mean, the non-re-animated.

Being a huge fan of the comics and even though I adore the show too; I'm a little perturb by the way the television series is playing out. First – why can’t a show/movie follow the novel/comic verbatim? It was turned into a show/movie because the writing was so great to begin with. Right? So why change it. I was excited to watch the show because I LOVE the comic.

Continuing on to the bone that needs picking; In the comics Dale loses a leg after being bitten. Not ripped opened by a blood thirty zombie. Yes he eventually gets infected and dies at some point, but in the comics he had such a wonderful part (especially after he gets bitten). It might sound a little demented but I loved his part in the comics. He loses a leg after ebing bitten on the ankle, he survives, he gets bitten again, a gang of cannibalists (is that even a word) capture him, cut off and eat his other leg not knowing he has been infected. Dale, having his legs removed one way or another and now knowing he is going to become one of those which he distastes, finds it funny that this group of marauders is now going to become infected.

Sounds like a good scenario to play out on tv, right?! Apparently NOT! Dale, the level-headed, humanitarian, was unfortunately killed off in last nights episode to join Sophia, another individual that met her demise in the tv series, however, currently lives on in the comics.

I feel better now, even though I want to continue my tantrum towards other characters in the show, but I do not want to ruin it for the non-comic book readers.

7 comments:

  1. Some great points and I would love to hear more of your "tantrum" if you’re willing to post more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will probably be another hissy-fit next week. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Did not know there was a comic... I watched most of the first series, but this stuff seriously gives me nightmares so I had to stop watching it with my husband. Every time I go to the store now, I swear I pick up another box of Smith and Wesson .40 hollow points if they're in stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!! We have gotten a few more guns since watching this but I'm guessing we have anyways.

      Every once in a while I have a zombie nightmare but they used to be every night. I'm either used to them now or more secure in my ability to defend myself against them.

      You have to keep watching tho. You just have too. hehe

      Delete
  3. I have never read the comic. It makes me happy that Sophia is still alive in it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I was shocked and crying when she came out of that barn. Now I have no idea what they are going to do with the storylines that revolved around Sophia in comics. I guess we'll have to keep watching!

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!