Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Monster Madness - Day 6

Today is Day 6 of the 2nd Annual May Monster Madness! Hosted by Annie Walls and her blogger buddies, Emma @ Little Gothic Horrors, and Ked @ Something Wicked this Way Comes.

How does May Monster Madness work? Well, it's a blog hop featuring posts about monsters! Anything you can think of as long as it has something to do with monsters... crafts, lists, movies, funnies... anything!

Yesterday vamps stopped by to suck. My. Blood. Or more likely rip my guts out through my mouth. Today my guests only want me for my brains - pity.

Zombies. Started out as a voodoo legend, now they have taken over pop culture by the masses, as mindless, killing machines. Zombies are meant to swarm, and swarm they have. From comics, to movies, and now primtime television. Ever since I watched Dawn of the Dead (2004) I am obsessed. I have watched all the original Romaro movies, and LOVE all the remakes, new films, comics, novels, and TV. 28 Days/Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead, This is Not a Test, The Reapers are the Angels, World War Z, The Walking Dead, etc.


(Dawn of the Dead) Nobody ever said being a zombie was an attractive job.

(28 Days Later) These SOB's could haul ass. Let's hope if a zombie apocalypse does happen, we get the shambling version. 

(The Walking Dead) Ah, an attractive group and much slower than the ones above.

Just a few of the Zombie novels I have read. Most of these are only one part of a series which I was not going to paste them all. My zombie "READ" list is forever long and ranges from horrible to drop dead awesome!






Which zombie flick is your favorite? Have you read any good zombie books?

Tomorrow - Last day of May Monster Madness with a few posters and Best/Worst Movie Blogfest.

7 comments:

  1. I am a zomb-oholic! My favorite zombie flick is Shaun of the Dead! My favorite zombies on TV are The Walking Dead (totally obsessed with that show), and my favorite zombie books are Rot & Ruin (The entire Benny Imura series), I, Zombie by Hugh Howey, and Warm Bodies (brilliantly written) by Isaac Marion!

    Great post!!!

    Here is my MMM Day 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombies are scary creatures. Which is why they're such a great part of pop culture and horror. The Walking Dead series is DA BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOOOoooooooo! I can't stand zombies, LOL! They freak me out. I didn't last more than 5 minutes in the first episode of the Walking Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoops, so far I haven't read any zombie-themed books but I can assure you, I've already seen tons of zombie flicks :)

    Favorites:
    - Shaun Of The Dead
    - Braindead (Dead Alive)
    - Romero's Night / Dawn / Day / Land of the Dead
    - Return of The Living Dead 1 & 3
    - Night Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say my favorite is 28 Days Later - they did go fast man, then maybe I Am Legend. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I'm watching I Am Legend again as I type, it's been quite a while since I'd seen it, and it is GOOD!

      Delete
  6. I fell for zombies in Romero's first Dawn of the Dead. They were so scary when I was in the theater watching them on a big screen! It's kind of amazing they've gotten so popular. One of my favorite movies that you didn't mention were Quarantine and Quarantine 2. (I actually liked 2 better.) I also liked a funny one called Boy Eats Girl. See it if you get a chance! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!