Thursday, May 2, 2013

A to Z Recap - Book Covers

Today I am featuring all 27 book covers I highlighted during the AtoZ Challenge.

This book is the second installment of the Ashen series. Highly recommend! 5 stars. Full of excitement, tragedy, and suspense. This survival series is top-notch!



Matched trilogy is full of hard choices, love triangles, and survival. The series as a whole gets 4 stars. Recommend if you're a fan of Divergent series and Hunger Games.

Many reviewers gave this book low ratings, however, I really liked it. For me it gave the right amount of intrigue and a few moments of OMG. I felt emotionally connected to the MC. 4 stars

 

Freakling's original concept had me on my toes the whole time. 5 stars. The ending was great. Get ready for book 2 coming soon.


 

3 stars - I don't recommend unless you like [sci-fi] predictablity. The start was slow, but the concept was good, however, I was expecting more surprises.





Magisterium was definitely one of those books I couldn't put down. It had the right amount of energy and originality to hold my attention. 4 stars.







There were some intense moments for sure. A zombie novel at it's finest. MC is a suicidal girl and from the start I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. It quickly turned in to a 5 star read. I read it in a day if that tells you anything!!


 


The reason for 27 is because I had two "W" covers I loved.


Chemical Garden series wasn't at all what I expected but a twist of fate has me giving it 4 stars. Between sisterwives and the new generations dying at 20(women)& 25(men), and add an off-kilter Dr, something is about to go down.


You got it, another zombie novel and completely not the norm. Don't let the title fool you, besides a reference or two, this has nothing to do with Wonderland. The concept of the zombie and how to destroy them are very different to say the least. 4.5 stars

Do you want a completely different set of books which were featured during AtoZ? Check out this post over at Cover Girls I co-blog with Jackie. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this one. They are such pretty covers. Congrats on finishing A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover for Shadow on the Mark, too. It's different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Some dynamite covers! Thanks for the recap. I took the month of April off (what a slacker!) so I missed all of these during the A-Z. Congrats for making it the distance. (whew!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love seeing them all in one place. Great job on the A to Z. I loved your theme and enjoyed all the covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool post! So many books I want to read on here. I remember buying Envy for the cover along but I haven't read it yet. I also really like the Matched covers especially the last one (the one that's red).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cover goodness. MMMMMMM. Ok that was kind of creepy. Awesome covers for A-Z Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your idea of posting book covers; for me I have to love the cover to be drawn in to reading the book. And you certainly drew me in with a few of these!

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!