Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Liebster Award - Fun Stuff

Nicki Elson awarded me with the Liebster Award on April 24. Since AtoZ was going on I waited until now to post my answers to her questions, pass this award on, and post my own Q's.

The Liebster Rules: 1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. 2. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself / herself. 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger. 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post. 5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees. 6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated. 7. No tag backs.
Her questions:
1. Les Mis or Sweeney Todd?
Sweeney Todd, most def.

2. If you were a comic book superhero, what would your name be?
Supremacous

3. What are the toppings on your dream hamburger?
Lettuce, pickles, onion, glazed mushrooms, mayo, mustard

4. What city (that you've never visited) do you most want to visit?
Sydney, Australia

5. Favorite city (that you have visited).
Myrtle Beach, SC

6. Which Disney character is most like you?
Goofy

7. Why? (in follow up to question 6)
I’m clumsy, sometimes a nincompoop, and well, goofy.

8. You can only choose one: would you rather write a book that's a best seller or a book that's highly acclaimed?
Hmmm… Best Seller I guess. Once it becomes a best seller and many hands have flipped through the pages, I guess acclamation would follow. Maybe.

9. What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to grammatical mistakes in a published book?
Just one?! Okay then - Repeated Words and/or Actions. There are thousands upon thousands of words and ideas, be original. Switch it up.
10. If you could live permanently in any decade, which would it be?
Sheesh, permanently… uh, I love the 40’s. Flappers and gangsters in full force, and woman had full-body figures and loved themselves for it. Although, I absolutely adore the 60’s fashion and music and “free-will” thinking, but then again the 90’s totally rocked flannel, baggy jeans, and Grunge! Sorry I can't pick one.

11. Who's your favorite fictional romantic couple?
Romance – bleh! Haha… hmmm… I loved the whole triangle or was it a quad-something-or-other in The Host by Stephenie Meyer (I've only read the book - have not seen the movie yet). I usually hate love triangles but this wasn’t the norm.

My 11 bloggers - random order (if you have been chosen before then ignore this)
Melanie at Melanie Schulz
T at Kidbits
Jaybird at Bird's Nest
Emily at Emily Unraveled
S.K. at S.K.Anthony
Susan at Moxie Writers
Riann at Riann Colton


1. Which urban legend freaks you out the most?
2. If given the chance, which dream celeb would you have asked to your prom? (They have to be from that time frame)
3. Who would you “Freaky Friday” (switch places) with?
4. Why? (to #3)
5. If you could claim any novel as your own, who’s would it be?
6. Is there any skill you’d like to learn or were, maybe, better at?
7. What movie would you like to star in?
8. Which book/series would you like to see made in to a movie(s)?
9. You just crashed into the back of Ryan Gosling’s car, what do you do?
10. The zombie apocalypse just broke out; besides family, you can pick - 1 movie star, 1 athlete, 1 weapon and 1 other person or object; who and what are they?
11. Umm, hello why didn’t you pick me? No, no that's not my question... What is your dream day?

Tomorrow - Sunshine Award passed on to 3 different blogs.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!

    Fantastic questions and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I said the 40s too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hells Yeah! Sweeney Todd for the win! It's so dark yet entertainingly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Dani! I like your hamburger, can we share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudo's on your blog bling! And I'd probably go for best seller over acclaimed also. Highly acclaimed doesn't mean you'll see any coin...and we need that to write our next book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award and Goofy huh? No matter his clumsiness he has a heart of gold. The Host definitely has a great love triangle and it's not one of those stupid ones where a girl or guy chases down someone for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Yeah, I got one or two awards during the A-Z too, and I'm trying to calendar in when to post them. I love it when people spread the love. *shifty eyes* (Do you like my intentional redundancy? Hee hee.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo. I was number 1 on your list.

    Wait--you said no random order. Crap. And I felt so good for a second there. :)

    Your question 1 made me laugh. Me and my husband attempted to watch Les Mis this weekend. Notice I said attempted. I love books and movies from that time period, but we only made it half through. I would've left earlier but I had my laptop, so I was paying full attention to the internet anyways.

    I also like musicals. But I've decided I don't like movie-musicals. The singing was TOO much. If there would've been more talking mixed in with the singing, okay, but this was like 90% singing. And sometimes I couldn't understand the words.

    It was just a big letdown for me. And I very rarely will walk out on a movie that far into it. But this one was not for me.

    Thanks for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award. I would also pick Sweeney Todd, Sydney is a wonderful city, you would enjoy it, and I must admit - even though I was disappointed in the movie, I have always loved The Host!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suddenly want a hamburger now with ALL your topings lol

    Thanks for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm...Yeah, I might be getting a burger for lunch. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to your award! And thanks for thinking of me :)So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many awards, so little time! I'm saying this about your multiple award posts and the multiple awards I was just nominated for this week! I'm excited about them all, and will post on them soon (probably sometime after mom's day). I'll let you know. Thanks Dani!

    Love your answers - Sweeney Todd is the best - and the questions you've posed.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!