Monday, May 13, 2013

May Monster Madness - Day 3 & Express Yourself

Today is day 3 of the 2nd Annual May Monster Madness! Hosted by Annie Walls and her blogger buddies, Emma @ Little Gothic Horrors, and Ked @ Something Wicked this Way Comes.

How does May Monster Madness work? Well, it's a blog hop featuring posts about monsters! Anything you can think of as long as it has something to do with monsters... crafts, lists, movies, funnies... anything!

Yesterday I hightlighted creatures from The Descent. Today I will be featuring *shiver* mutants from Wrong Turn and The Hills Have Eyes.

The original Wrong Turn - Freaked. Me. Out. And my husband loves to torture me with it. We will settle down on the couch to watch a movie - I'm all snuggled in my pj's with a snack and he is crushed tightly against my side - when I think we are going to watch one movie, he springs Wrong Turn on me. Not cool. That just isn't cool. You know?!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE horror flix, the scarier, the better *cough* The Fourth Kind *cough*.

Anyways here are the mutants who wig-my-ass-out.

Wrong Turn

Wrong Turn
Oh. Smart. Lets just go inside a shack and see if someone can help us. Stupid ________ (<-- insert explicit here) Does it look like some upstanding citizen lives there. (WT)

The Hills Have Eyes

Oh, yeah, the hills are alive with sound of music. If screaming and torturing is your thing. 
 Have you seen Wrong Turn or The Hills Have Eyes? What do you think about them?

Tomorrow - another movie, another monster.

*********************************************************************************

Today is also Monday which means another Express Yourself question. This week, Jackie and I would like to know: Which Celebrity do you want to meet & what would you do?

Well if I could pick from the past, it would be Heath Ledger. Good Lord he was sooo fine!

But from present day celeb's... hmmm... Channing Tatum.

No, no, Hugh Jackman.

No, that's not it either, Joe Manganiello.

Shoot, probably Travis Fimmel.

Oh, forget it! Can I lay them all down, side-by-side, roll all over them and call it a day?

So who is your celeb fantasy meeting?

22 comments:

  1. Well, you know I can see why the heck you'd be creeped out with mutants like that! Also, I'd watch anything with Eliza Dushku in it! Love that girl to pieces!
    Great post!
    Here's my MMM'S for today Carmen Jenner Author and Book Me!

    Happy Hopping! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely having nightmares tonight. Those things are super creepy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani! Cool post. I think I missed both films... so on your recommendation, I am hiring them out! And I am totally with you, why the hell would they go into that house!!!

    Here's my day III MMM at Design du Jour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen The Hills Have Eyes but I'm with you when it comes to The Wrong Turn it is freaking scary. I might think about it when I have to drive long stretches through the woods *cough, cough*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I haven't seen The Wrong Turn but I have seen the The Hills Haves Eyes.

    Just added another movie to watch to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Torture is not my horror thing, so I haven't watched these (though I LOVE The Descent). But a funny thing is that yesterday "Goonies" was on TV and my partner pointed out that "Sloth" looks like the creatures from "The Hills have Eyes". And now that I see your pictures I see that he's right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those monsters are just horrid and vomit inducing. I saw both movies and yeah those shack heading idiots are beyond stupid. Oh yeah I'd definitely want to meet Heath and Hugh. You made some great meet celebrity face to face choices Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't watched those complete movies, although I think I made it through the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" back in the day. Hillbilly mutant killers are just too darn SCARY! I always bail out after 20 minutes or so. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just looking at these pics creeps me out! As much as I love Halloween, I'm usually too scared to watch horror movies. Ha! Maybe this year I will get brave. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen these movies, but they look really creepy from your pictures! *shiver*

    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any at All ...Mr. Vincent Price... before his health began to fail Have a bit of wine and listen to his wonderful voice as he spoke....
    Of those Still alive I would like for "Jack" to put on his "Joker" costume from 89... and Go out on the Town to Party...
    The Joker was and has been my Hero since early childhood and Jack has the right personality for it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hills Have Eyes was shocking when it first came out. (The original anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy beejezzies! Hills Have Eyes is freaking scary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mutants can be terrifying. And I'm fine with the idea of lying all those guys side by side. Why not? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wrong Turn is fun, though I prefer the 2nd part. 3, 4 & 5 are crap.
    Hills Have Eyes is a fantastic classic and definitelx one of Wes Craven's finest works. The Sequel? Not so much. The Remakes? meh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All good, creepy monster picks. I'm not in the monster blog, just passing through...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Wrong Turn better than Hills. But they're both okay. Pretty gory.

    I agree with Maynard M, the Wrong Turn sequels are pretty bad. But I don't expect much when you start getting into sequels 3,4 5...

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Oh. Smart. Lets just go inside a shack and see if someone can help us." Haha, got to love those moments in horror movies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower! I've never heard of Wrong Turn, but now I definitely have to check it out! Thanks. :)

    MMM on Kristen's blog, Day 3: I'm Sorry, Monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually haven't seen either of these movies yet (so many horrors, so little time). I'll have to get around to seeing them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Express yourself: All of those are hot choices.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice picks for Express Yourself Meme! :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!