Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May Monster Madness - Day 4

Today is Day 4 of the 2nd Annual May Monster Madness! Hosted by Annie Walls and her blogger buddies, Emma @ Little Gothic Horrors, and Ked @ Something Wicked this Way Comes.

How does May Monster Madness work? Well, it's a blog hop featuring posts about monsters! Anything you can think of as long as it has something to do with monsters... crafts, lists, movies, funnies... anything!

Yesterday I highlighted the mutants from Wrong Turn and The Hills Have Eyes. Today I'm featuring the monster that has "those peepers". Can you guess?

"Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?"

The popular 1938 jazz standard and a beloved song, Jeepers Creepers, was turned in to a horrors delight thanks to the 2001 horror film by the same name.

*shutter* The Creeper, or as I know him - "WTF!" is one of those monsters who keeps you up at night. Consuming pieces of body parts (might I mention, they are still alive) of his prey, to replace the ones he's missing. Once he smells fear on you, you are pretty much f___ed. Ok? Ok.


Who would have thought a cutie portrayed this beast!! hubba hubba

Brilliant! Lets jump down some tunnel while The Creeper's away. Oh sure, nothing bad should come of that. (JP1)

The boy in the second installment is out securing the scarwcrows. See the one with the birds around it? Yeah, not good. My gut sank when "WTF" flew off with the boy as his brother and father watched helplessly. (JP2)

Have you watched any of the JP installments? What'cha think of them?

Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral is set to release this year!! 23 years after the previous film, we follow Trish Jenner (Gina Phillips), who is now a mother. Realizing that the return of the Creeper is just around the corner.
Tomorrow - another monster

14 comments:

  1. My mum put the first one on when I was younger. I've always thought that it was punishment because I didn't go to school that day. It was awful! Haven't seen the second, don't think I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Jeepers Creepers! Seriously loved it. I haven't thought about it in years. Did they make more??? I am watching them tonight if so!
    What a scary dude "WTF" is. Awesome post mate, I really enjoyed the reminder... especially the fear I felt when they went down the tunnel while he was away... such suspense!
    Here's my day IV MMM at Design du Jour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen both.

    A few months ago I saw One. Gotta agree with the stupid tunnel move. Not smart, people. Anyway. I think I've seen the first half of one many times cause I recognized it. Then this last time I got to the end and i'm like, this is totally new. So apparently I've been watching part of it on reruns, but not the whole thing.

    I can't remember Two off-hand, but one was creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first being a terrible movie, but the one scary scene was when the rock version came on the radio, and the guy was standing on the truck behind them. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you already know this is my nemesis of the horror movie world. *shudder* and *shiver* and *run*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen any of the JC installments, but they made three of them so they couldn't be all bad...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jeepers Creepers! That was one seriously scary monster. I really liked the premise that surrounded him, and it was one of the few franchises where I liked the second better than the first. (The second was the bus, right?) I'm thrilled they're releasing a 3rd installment! Great post, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen them and that thing is one creepy MF. Pardon my language.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a super scary movie. The creature even scarier! There's an area about an hour from my house where I swear they filmed the field and creepy tunnel scenes from! At least it always reminds me of the movie when I drive past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't care for the first Jeepers Creepers but I really like the second one surprisingly! The Creeper is soooo freaky looking but I absolutely love it! I love the story line of the series so of course I am looking forward to the 3rd one!

    I was able to visit one of the filming spots, the place where the Creeper dumped the bodies on the first one. I felt fancy being there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to see these movies. Wasn't sure if they'd be worth it. Maybe I should check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the first one and remember feeling hollow at the end, 'cause there really was no saving yourself from that dude, was there? Gah. And Justin Long, at the very end! Poor baby!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  13. These films are so super creepy! I remember having nightmares about the cave of humans sewn together (was that this installment?)! Yuck!
    Stopping by with my MMM'S Carmen Jenner Author and Book Me!
    Happy Hopping! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not seen any of the JP movies, but they sound like the sort of thing I should look up. Thanks for the pointer.
    Tasha's Thinkings

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!