Wednesday, June 25, 2014

EYM & Top Ten Tuesday

EYM – Last three weeks
 
June 9-13: Use ONE adjective to describe yourself.
Steadfast
 
June 16-20: What the scariest movie you’ve watched or book you’ve read that made you unable to sleep?
Recently - The Conjuring – Yeah, that movie had me swearing at the TV and hiding behind my fingers!!
Before The Conjuring, the only other movie that wigged my ass out was The Fourth Kind – still the scariest movie I have ever seen, and trust me, I have watched A LOT of frightening, blood thirsty, horror fest movies in my life time. The Forth Kind made my husband and I sleep with the lights – no shit!! Aliens *shiver*
 
June 23-27: What’s the last book you read? If you want, please give a small review for us. How many stars, etc etc.
The last book I read (finished audiobook yesterday) was Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. It only took me about 2 months to finish it cause, like the first book – Discovery of WitchesShadow of Night started off SO slow. However, I was hooked about ½ way thru!! It finished really well. If you are a history fanatic and love reading Elizabethan literature with witches, vamp and demons – this series is for you! WARNING – lots and lots of historian filler, very descriptive!! It even brings real life 16th century Elizabethans to life! ß Very interesting!
 
 
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
June 24: Ten Book Cover Trends (or just elements of covers) I Like/Dislike {can stick to one or the other or both!}
 
1.  Bringing Sexy Back


2.  Face Off


3.  Give Me a Hand


4.  Kiss Off


5.  Lay One on Me


6.  Ball Gowns


7.  Playing Possum


8.  The Beheaded


9.  The Eyes Have It


10. Let’s Play a Game of Chess Chest


4 comments:

  1. I'm too scared to watch the conjuring! I can't believe how many covers you found that are so similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I wanted to see The Conjuring, then thought better of it. lol I like sleeping at night and have enough trouble with that!

    I get SO sick of seeing the girl in the white/black dress with her back towards us! But I never noticed the others. I love the titles you gave the trends. lol Playing Possum hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Conjuring not too long ago. It was creepy.

    I of course can't think of anything off the top of my head--movies that kept me up at night. Mostly cause there are not that many, but partly because when I'm put on the spot, my mind goes blank. :)

    So I'm going to give you a movie I'm looking forward to. The Purge (2): Anarchy. Did you see the Purge? The concept is awesome, but the movie kinda sucked for me. It used so many cliches and had too many of those scenes in the dark where you can't see a damn thing.

    I am sooooo hoping this next one is better. Because the premise, 24 hours where all crime is legal, which of course brings the psychos out, is so intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm partial to the eye covers- there is so much you can "see" when you look deep into someone's eyes.

    You are a whole lot braver than me Dani. Cause' this chick isn't about watching none of that shiz. The Conjuring? Hell to the no!! If I ever watched that I wouldn't sleep ever again. Like ever. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!