G'Friday to you all!
You’re up before dawn on a Saturday when the doorbell rings. You haven’t brewed your coffee so you wonder if you imagined the sound. Plonking the half-filled carafe in the sink, you go to the front door and cautiously swing it open. No one there. As you cast your eyes to the ground, you see a parcel addressed to you … from you.
You scoop it up and haul it inside, sensing something legitimate despite the extreme oddness of the situation. Carefully, you pry it open. Inside is a shoebox — sent from ten years in the future — and it’s filled with items you have sent yourself.
What’s in it?
· A copy of my first published novel
· A family picture
· And a letter explaining how my life turned out. How I need to not worry so much. That God will take care of everything and lead me and family down the right path. That my children have turned out to be great kids and that all of my worrying was for nothing.
o Side note: I got a little teary-eyed just thinking about it.
· Maybe winning lotto numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 – (let's see who gets this)
Apocalyptic Future – because this is for fun right:
· A map to a isolate location – preferably in the middle of nowhere
· Winning numbers to the next big lottery so I can buy supplies needed for apocalypse – duh!
· Blue Prints of compound to build
· List of people to recruit/save
o Family – duh
o A few military friends
· Supplies/food/weapons needed to procure before end of days hits.
Also, today, Kyra Lennon and Clare Dugmore are hosting The Bloghop of Joy! Post your List of Joy – with a minimum of FIVE things that put a spring back in your step!
1. Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft
2. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyard Skynyard
3. The sound of Locusts in the trees
4. Frogs croaking – not the slang term for dying – lol
5. My kids laughter
6. The sound and smell of the ocean
7. Sun-showers – when it rains while the sun is still shinning
8. My toes in sand
9. The sun on my skin
10. Laughing so hard my stomach hurts
Celebrating the Small Things is also important! VikLit @ Scribblings of an Aspiring Author is always interested in what we have done during our busy week...
· Read Zom-B by Darren Shan
· #amreading Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
· Signed up for RunForYourLife 5k zombie run in June, Urban Adventures Bike Race in July, and Color Me Rad 5k in August. So excited!!
· I won an audio copy of Splintered and swag pack over at The Valentines blog!! Go visit the author's of 2014!Have an awesome Friday!