Hope everyone had a wonderful Thankgiving - if you celebrate it, that is.
The last EYM entry for the month of November; we are wanting to know... List 5 imperfections about yourself; things that bug others but are part of what makes you - you.
Everyone has those ticks or quirks that just drives other batshit crazy. I'm no exception. Here are my 5.
1. I can be loud. Yeah, I talk loud, laugh loud, etc. But not in places like churches, the movies or a library. Mostly in restauraunts, at the dinner or when I'm drinking.
2. I swear. Ok I said it. I'm half girl - half sailor. My dad likes to say I'm half German, quarter Irish, and quarter French... I'm bound to have eternal conflict. Ha. Ha. I call them "Sentence Enhancers".
3. I know what buttons to push. Oh come on... who doesn't do this... on purpose? Please... you know you do. The only difference between me and other people in my family... I know how to do it well. And my kids and hubby HATE it. I can make any one of them talk without them realizing it.
And here are two imperfections I am working on...
4. Being too honest. I am very honest with another person. Please don't ask me to be honest with you unless you really want it. Maybe I need a class in Being Kosher 101 or something but I will tell exactly what I think is wrong your outfit, makeup, WIP, idea, etc. Here's the twist... I'm horrible on the return. Unless I ask for it, I don't want you to be honest back.
Example: You ask me to be honest to you so I am, but then you turn around and say something "honest" about me without me asking for a "critique" -- I hate that! I should be more open about it since I was honest about you but like I said - I'm working on biting my tongue on this one. Again I didn't ask for your opinion - and this is where my defensiveness comes in.
5. Passive aggressive. I know, it's kind of the oxymoron to #4. But I can be very passive and apparently this annoys some people. Unless it's something I'm interested in or passionate about... Frankly my dear's I really don't give a d@amn. No really, I. Don't. Care. And this is another problem... knowing the difference between being passive aggressive or not caring. You decide I guess.
And there you have it. 5 things that I know drive others batshit crazy. However, I'm perfectly content with being imperfect <-- this is one thing I don't have a problem with.