Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What Kind of Zombie Blogger Would You Be

‘The blogging community divided into its current branches within a few years of the Rising, reacting to swelling ranks and a changing society. You’ve got Newsies, who report fact as untainted by opinion as we can manage, and our cousins, the Stewarts, who report opinion informed by fact. The Irwins go out and harass danger to give the relatively housebound general populace a little thrill, while their sedate counterparts, the Aunties, share stories of their lives, recipes, and other snippets to keep people happy and relaxed. And, of course, the Fictionals, who fill the outline world with poetry, stories, and fantasy. They have a thousand branches, all with their own names a customs, none of them meaning a damn thing to anyone who isn’t a Fictional. We’re the all-purpose opiate of the new millennium: We report the news, we make the news, and we give you a way to escape when the news becomes too much to handle.
--  From Images May Disturb You,
the blog of Georgia Mason, August 6, 2039’

A little passage from Feed by Mira Grant. Chapter 3 ending blog.

I’m only half way through the 571 pages in the first installment of The Newsflesh Trilogy

Can you guess what kind of book this is…. Zombie!

“Alive or Dead, the truth won’t rest. My name is Georgia Mason, and I am begging you. Rise up while you can.”

The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we had created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.

Now twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives – the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them.




So… after reading that passage… what kind of blogger are you? We have the main protag, Georgia Mason who is a Newsie. She reports hard facts. Then there is her brother Shaun who is an Irwin. He goes out and literally pokes zombies with sticks, all while recording and posting it for the adrenaline junkies. And then we have Buffy, named after the one and only, she is our Fictional. She posts poetry, stories, and fantasy.

Almost everyone blogs in this novel… the future world is consumed by the blogging world and staying connected in society that has the fabric of life literally torn apart.

My question to you, scratch the blog you have now, if this zombie world was to actually happen, which blogger would you most likely be?

Newsies – Hard facts reporter
Stewarts – Conspiracy theorists
Irwins – Danger/thrill seekers
Aunties – Memoir, everyday life
Fictionals – Poetry, stories, fantasy

It’s hard for me to pick because I would probably want to entertain all of these ideas but I’d have to go with… uhhhh… Stewart. I’d probably be a Stewart though I’d also poke a few zombies every now and again.

Come back Friday to see what NEW Spooky blogfest lurks around the corner!

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing read!

    As for which blogger I'd be? That's a hard choice, but I'd say Aunties or Fictionals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a Stewart. I love to conspire. Especially about zombies, aliens, machines, and the government.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure when if there's a zombie apocalypse, I'm going to end up a zombie snack. But if for some reason, I avoid that, I'd probably end up being either Auntie or Fictional.

    Sounds like a pretty incredible book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fictionals most definitely. I just sent you my measurements for my bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irwins, baby! I would blog about zombie sightings like its daily traffic. LOL. And then I'd put together random contests where followers would have to hunt zombies at said sightings and kill them with a ridiculous utensil like a fork. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL Topic!!!

    Honestly, if you ask me

    *(She just did)*

    Oh, right... well only because I have been a Newsie in real life, I think I would be - and don't laugh - an Auntie :)

    I *LOVE, love love* finding out people's stories and sharing them via "evergreen" type features you read in the Sunday papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to go with Stewart too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!