Friday, September 7, 2012

Spooktoberfest Blogfest

Are you feeling spooktastic?

With the oncoming of the spookiest holiday of the year, I know Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and myself are.

And so SPOOKTOBERFEST is born!






Come one come all to the biggest creepfest around. Where cobwebs tickle your nose, cauldrons are a brewin', jack-o-lanterns light the way, and ghosts go bump in the night. Oh yeah, watch out for the razor blades!

Requirements:

1. Follow Jackie and myself if you don’t already. We do follow back.
2. Your Flash Fiction piece cannot be any longer than 300 words. Sorry… that’s part of the challenge.
3. You must use the MANDATORY 5 words listed below…
            cobweb(s)
            jack-o-lantern(s)
            ghost(s)
            cauldron(s)
            razor(s)
4. Post your Flash Fiction piece any day from Friday Oct 26th thru Monday, Oct. 29th.
5. It’s a blog hop, so… hop around to other participating blogs and leave them some awesome comments.
6. Have fun.

Your flash fiction piece can be scary, comical, romantic, or whatever you choose, just be creative!

The winners will be posted on HALLOWEEN! That’s right, Wednesday, Oct. 31st. Jackie and I will each choose a winner. That’s right – two winners!

PRIZES: A grab bag and candy. The winners will get the biggest bags we can find of their favorite candy along with some spookified items.

Oh, and yes, this blogfest is international. So what are you ghouls waiting for? Sign up using the Linkie Thing below or in the side bar and spread the word!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I can't wait to write my entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO in! I will add your banner to my blog at some point, but I don't have too much time at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in. I even have a story brewing. You might regret allowing the word razor(s). Will be adding the banner to my blog right now. Unlike busy Kyra I'm sadly not super busy in my life at the moment. But it gives me more time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 300 words is tough. Maybe I'll try it. Maybe I won't. Sounds fun or it could be hard as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just signed up...looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All righty, I'm in! I forgot to hop over here last night and sign up. I' working on a deliciously scary story already:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm so glad I found your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog hop on Defending the Pen's blog. Sounds like a ton of fun! I love spooky tales!! I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun! See if I can come up with something by then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine will post at midnight, Mountain Standard Time, USA. Oct. 26, 2012. Hope you all enjoy it. Great fun to write.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine's up!
    Thank you N.R.Williams for letting us know at RFW, about this fun blog fest.
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    RFW No. 46 - 'Drusillas Cauldron @ Anna's Adornments'

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!