You're all thinking "Uh-huh"
So I'm suppose to pour out my insecurities about writing and then you guys are supposed to support them - er - help me through them? Is that how this works?
Well that's what Jackie said anyways.
So let me give it a shot...
Hmmm... my insecurities... I think a good place to start (since this is my first meeting) is with a list. Something small and simple. Plus I REALLY have a thing for lists. And I know most of this applies to most writers.
1. I think my writing sucks. Period. Very elementary.
2. I think everyone will hate my writing.
3. None of my ideas are original.
4. Someone always seems to be "stealing" my ideas. lol - there are 8 billion people in this world. I know I'm not the only one with my random thoughts. They are just quicker with their draw.
5. I suck cause I'm so slow. I have been working on the same WIP for almost 2 years!
6. I've been working on said WIP because I've started 5 other WIP's. <-- Dumb!
7. I think I'm a bad author because I like to read more than write.
8. I think I'm a bad author because I like my family more than writing.
9. Why do other writers get books done when they have families and I can't. Do I not have the drive to be a author.
Why didn't I end those last two sentences with question marks? This could be a problem.
10. I should just quit because all of the reasons I've listed above.
I'm going to go read said sucky WIP with the none original ideas that someone else already has while I also read another book by an author that found the time to finish theirs while they had a family.
Hey it's a Wednesday in my favorite month and I just joined a new support group! It can't be that bad - right!?
Check out the Express Yourself Meme as & Spooktoberfest by clicking on the Page tabs!!!