Sunday, October 25, 2015

Spooktoberfest Entry - It's Not Too Late To Join



It's officially Spooktoberfest time, Oct. 24 - Oct. 28. It's never to late to join as long as your entry is entered during the dates.

To find out more about Spooktoberfest and Scattagories themed challenge, go here!

Here is my entry (for the fun of it of course)


The town bat, Lucifer, flew over our swimming hole, Lake of Fire looking for criminals to bust. Millie the mermaid watched on, downing a pile of sardines and sporting her new vintage corset. Her grandmother gifted her an antique garnet pendent which she twirled around her index finger, her tail flipped in and out of her small pool of water, splashing Talus, the town’s mayor, who floated by on his hovercraft, hoping to catch his daily glimpse of Millie.

Talus wasn’t watching where he was going and flew right into the only park bench in town, causing his whiskers to snap. Talus stood up but couldn’t quite steady himself. He spun in a circle, stepped on his coat tails, and crashed miserably to the pavement. Unfortunately for him, being a cat and all, he needed those whiskers for balance.

“Mr. Mayor!” Millie yelled. She waddled to his side, carrying her first aid kit and medical tape. “Here,” she huffed.

“Oh Miss Millie, you shouldn’t have. I’m quite alright.” He stood again, leaning against the bench. He tried to come off tough a manly but his knees buckled when Millie brush her delicate finger against his check.

She giggled, “Talus, would you like to come over. I’m having my daily snack right now. It’s sardines.”
“I prefer milk and cookies, but I’d be happy to sit with you awhile.” He blushed.



Go ahead, challenge yourself and see what brilliant flash fiction piece you can come up with. It might look daunting but it was SUPER EASY to fit all of the 13 topics.


6 comments:

  1. Aw, that was cute Dani. My dad always loved Sardines; but I think they smell awful. Of course, it might be delicious for a mermaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried sardines, and I've never really wanted to. I like this story, it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used a hovercraft as the mode of transportation! And now I want milk and cookies. Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable story! I'll pass on the sardines, though. :) Idk why I thought the end date was Friday, so leave it to me to put my entry in at the last minute. **Sigh** I'll get it right eventually. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute and funny!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!