Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 Audiobook Challenge

***My goal is to go for Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15.
I constantly listen to books while at work and I'm sure I'll go over the 15 mark but wanted to be humble about my limit. (Most of the books I read are audiobooks.)
 
 
2015 Audiobook Challenge
 
They had so much fun with the Audiobook Challenge so it’s coming back for 2015! Join The Book Nympho and Hot Listens for the 3rd year of great audiobooks.
 
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or if you’re one of the lucky ones like me, listen to them at work.
 
I know some of you are thinking, audio books? Pass. I thought that once too. But when you find a great narrator they can make the story even better. There are some series I will only listen even if I can get the Arc I’ll wait until the audio is available because the narrator does such a great job bring the book to life.

Reading Challenge Details:

  • Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.

By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.
Levels:
  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
  • Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
They've decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let them know how your listening is going for 2015.

Update Schedule:

  • March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
  • June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
  • September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
  • December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
Audio Resources:
FREE audio resources:
Overdrive through your local library
Audiobook Jukebox audios for review
 
 
Click HERE to see what audiobooks I've been reading!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea, I have never been too sold on the idea of audiobooks as I like to read at my own pace and I worry I would miss something but I suppose you can always rewind. I walk the dogs a lot and it would be good to listen then, now if someone could gift me an iPod! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't listened to an audio book in years. Back when we lived elsewhere and I had to drive 4.5 hours to see my parents. And I didn't have kids. Maybe I should try it now to block out their arguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hooked on audio books - right now I'm listening to Lisey's Story, by Stephen King. The woman (forgot her name, sorry) who reads it is amazing.
    I have listened to some old British favourites (PG Wodehouse) and some new British favourites (Sophie Kinsella aka Madelaine Wickham) - and a few obscure author which I pick randomly when staring at the wall of available audio books at my local library.

    It was thanks to reading Stephen King's book, On Writing, that I was encouraged to look into audio books since I'm in the car a lot - well, they've changed my life.

    I am not as stressed, I drive calmly to my destination - sometimes regretting getting there too soon. I've been known to make a coffee run just to do a little "reading" - hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!