Wednesday, October 30, 2013

LifeStraw® & Priority One Jets Haunted Places

Have you seen this before? It's called a LifeStraw®.

These little neat devices is a plastic tube 310 mm long and 30 mm in diameter. Water that is drawn up through the straw first passes through hollow fibres that filter water particles down to 0.2 µm across, using only physical filtration methods and no chemicals. The entire process is powered by suction, similar to using a conventional drinking straw, and filters up to 1000 litres of water. While the initial model of the filter did not remove Giardia lamblia, LifeStraw removes a minimum of 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites including giardia and cryptosporidium.

I will be stocking up on these bad boys in the near future. I find them quite ingenious and might come in handy. They also have a 50 year garantee and cost around $20. Can't beat that!

Design-real.com


Dynamicinventions.com

About a week ago I was contacted by a Content Coordinator from Priority One Jets asking me if I would like to post a link to an article they are doing about the scariest haunted attractions around the world. Now I get contacted a BUNCH from people asking me to post link to sites to help them promote movies or attractions all the time. But I usually pass on them because it has to be something I absolutely love. Well promoting some of the scariest palces is right up my alley so I'm giving it a go.

The link: http://www.priorityonejets.com/blog/just-tell-make-believe-7-terrifying-haunted-attractions-around-world/

Now I'm supposed to tell of a spooky tale or place to visit. Where I live there are 2 different "haunted" attractions I have been to and loved. One is the Haunted Jail and the other is the Haunted Barn. One year I worked in the Haunted Jail for our choir community service and it was a blast. I worked the polka dot room. The room is blacked out with black-lighta and illuminated glowing dots. Myself and another girl dressed up in puffy black plastic suites with those dots on us so we blended into the walls. When someone would walk in we would emerge from the wall and reveal our faces and scare the crap out of them.

What "haunted" places have you visited?

One more day until our Spooktoberfest winners will be announced! Stay tuned.

Happy Hallows Eve!

2 comments:

  1. Life Straw sounds amazing. I watched a program a few years ago about places that have high levels of nickel and other things in their drinking water. Life Straw sounds like it would help make their water safer. And fifty years is nothing to sneeze. Aw Dani, why am I not surprised that even a participating in community service gave you the chance to scare people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, do you know something we don't know? (Why you might need the straw.)

    That's pretty cool. I've never seen anything like that before. And all in that little tiny straw.

    I haven't visited our scary places around here, but every Halloween I think about it. We have several haunted houses in the area, but the last time we went to one was probably 8 years ago. I think my first child was a baby (he wasn't along though. :) )

    Can't wait til my kids are old enough to go to that kind of stuff. There is one place around here that if you have younger kids, they'll attach a white scarf of something so that the actors will tone it down when you come by. That's a cool idea. I'd be willing to bring my 9 year old to that, but I don't think he's ready to handle the full on scare yet.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!