Friday, June 8, 2012

What Am I Listening To

So it’s one of THOSE mornings where I plug my ears with my earbud’s, put my head down and barrel through my day at work. Hopefully unscathed.

In honor of all the songs I’ve been listening to, I’ve written some of the lyrics down (each color is a different song). You’re job – if you choose to accept – (without cheating) guess what I’ve been jammin’ to.

This message will self-destruct once you’ve commented. Commencing 3… 2… 1…


How you gonna win, when you ain't right within?!
How you gonna win, when you ain't right within?!
How you gonna win, when you ain't right within?!
Unh-Unhh Come Again!

Oh that’s it
Now honey, honey come ride
DKNY, all up in my eye
You gotta a Prada bag with a lotta stuff in it


You got, you got, you got, you got, you got
You got the boomin’ system but it’s blastin out doo
Do you think it’s chocolate milk, but it’s watered down yoohoo
I been through many times for which I through I might lose it
The only thing that saved me, has always been music
We got our studio, it’s under the G, it’s no question
Life’s been good to me ‘cuz life ain’t nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood


I need someone to show me the things in life that
I can't find I can't see the things that make true happiness
I must be blind Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late


Nine o’clock this morning
She left without warning
I let her take advantage of me
You see, she got what she wanted


Reaching out for something to hold
Looking for love where the climate is cold
Manic moves and drowsy dreams
Or living in the middle between the two extremes


Today is gonna be the day that they’re gonna throw it back to you
By now you shoulda, somehow, realized what you gotta do
I don’t believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.


Outside’s the rain, the driving snow
I can hear the wild wind blowing
Turn out the light, bolt the door
I ain’t going out there no more.

5 comments:

  1. I only recognize two... the 2nd one ... Getting Jiggy With it by Will Smith and the 7th one... Oasis-Wonderwall.
    I have no clue on the others. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even attempt this. I'll only embarrass myself. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last song I listened to was All About Us by He Is We.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what any of those are! There's an award for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been in awe of lyricists... As much as I love words, I don't think I have the talent to do this kind of work ;) This was fun! :D

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!