Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Express Yourself - Get-Together Dish

Express Yourself is a weekly Meme dedicated to getting to know YOU better.

Jackie and myself what to know:

When you attend a get-together, what are you likely to bring as a dish to share?

I usually bring Broccoli Casserole or 7 Layer Salad which usually has more than 7 layers.

Broccoli Casserole

A jumbo bag or broccoli florets or 3 16oz bags
1 block of Velveeta cheese (large)
16 oz cottage cheese
1 tbl sp of flour

Mix all ingredients and pour into crock pot. Let it cook in crock pot for 3-4 hours depending on consistency and how tender the broccoli is. Most of the cottage cheese should be melted but some of my family likes it not to be. It depends on your liking.


7 Layer Salad

My layers from the bottom up...
Lettuce
Broccoli
Peas
Cauliflower
Celery
Bacon
Mayo or Miracle Whip
Ranch Powder

Sometimes I add a layer of Shredded Cheese to give it a pop of color. I also use the pre-cooked bacon. It's faster and easier.

Hope you guys have some great Holidays!! And enjoy the food!!

4 comments:

  1. Um... If we ever get together, I'm okay with the salad, but not the broccoli casserole. Cooked broccoli makes my stomach turn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound kinda yummy, and probbly one of the only ways I'd eat broccoli. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!