Friday, December 13, 2013

Celebrate The Small Things

Every week some us like to share the small things that we have accomplished. Thanks Viklit for giving us an outlet!

The kids got to hang out with cousins and make Christmas crafts and had a really great time.

My daughter had a school dance and had her moldings done for her permanent retainers. She'll be braces free next month. Just in time for her birthday!

Almost done with my Christmas shopping. I only have to get a few giftcards and I'm done!

Last night my son lost his iPhone. We searched high and low. I told him that he might have left it on the bus and he argued and said I was wrong. This morning I told him to ask the bus driver for shits n giggles... low and behold, I get a text from him saying the driver had it. Score for me! Mom does know what she's talking about!! Let's hope when he starts driving in a few months he will listen to me then as well.

Tomorrow, after it snows 3-5 inches tonight, I have a 4 mile race in the morning. I'm not excited about running in snow. Ugh!

And on Sunday I'm going to watch the second installment of The Hobbit with a friend! So EXCITED!!

Have a great Friday!!

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see The Hobbit, I've no idea when I'll be able to, though! Good luck with your 4 mile race in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm almost done with Christmas shopping too… unless I'm forgetting people O_O
    Glad the driver had the phone, Mom does know :)

    Best of luck with the race in the snow (yikes!) and enjoy The Hobbit, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year we're giving the gift of togetherness and donating to our favorite charities. We've decided we don't need more stuff. So I guess my shopping's done, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the movies. Your son got super lucky and your daughter must be excited about losing the braces. Happy Holidays Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck running in the snow. Fortunately, 5K goes very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes running in the snow!!! Way to stick with it!
    Have fun at The Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for crafts, retainers and almost finished shopping! My hubby comes to me whenever he loses something because even if I haven't seen it, I can usually deduce where it is. Apparently the female brain is wired for logic, as opposed to the male's. Heh-heh-heh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a lost iphone returned, I am impressed. And no more braces. Sounds like a great week at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting your iphone back--that's like a Christmas miracle! I'm celebrating 1.) living at the beach in California even during a cold snap, 2.) finding out my tooth does not have to be pulled--it's a sinus infection!, and 3.) having my young adult horror story, Death House, get accepted for publishing (woo hoo!), as well has having my short story, "Christmas After All," released tomorrow in a Christmas anthology called A Touch of Winter. Happy Holidays!
    ~Carole Avila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad he found the iPhone. I know the lost feeling, as mine was liberated from me. No nice bus drivers to return it. But, life is more than the stuff we have which is why I like this blog hop. Your daughter must be excited. Hope you didn't get too cold running.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the hobbit! & Mum is ALWAYS right don't they know that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Worthy celebrations. I'm not sure I'm going to make it to the theater version of the hobbit, but it's going onto Pre-order the moment its available. Apparently it's even better than the first movie. And the iphone is certainly worth a victory cheer. I think they grow legs when no one is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moms are so smart. We never get enough credit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!