Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And So It Begins

This morning as I'm trying to write this, I am eating a nice, hot, piping bowl of oatmeal and drinking a mug of French Vanilla cappuccino. My throat is a little dry and sore and the hotness of this morning’s doses helps relax my vocal cords. And so it begins… the start of the 150+ books I need to read this year. There are lots of reading challenges going on but I could only settle on one. Granted most of the books I read can be spread out among several challenges but I, however, chose to concentrate on one.

I am a numbers kind of girl and broke down the number of books I need to read this year (150) and divided it by the number of weeks in a year (52) and came up with 2.884615385. *Laughing at myself* Now the number doesn’t seem so taxing. I hate feeling over whelmed and the best way to calm my nerves is to do “the math” and in this case, it’s taken literally.

It's the 3rd day of this New Year and I’ve gotten two books done.

ZOMBIE SHORT STORIES
by Brian James


FANGED LOVE

by Ally Thomas
(Wish I could have found a better picture)

Both authors have several other books and of course I plan on reading them all. In case you haven't gathered... once I read one book from a particular author, I want to read them all. Especially if they are great writers.

If any of you plan on joining the challenge ... good luck! Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!