2012 Spooktoberfest Requirements:
1. Follow Jackie and myself if you don’t already. We do follow back.
2. Your Flash Fiction piece cannot be any longer than 300 words. Sorry… that’s part of the challenge.
3. You must use the MANDATORY 5 words listed below…
4. Post your Flash Fiction piece any day from Friday Oct 26th thru Monday, Oct. 29th.
5. It’s a blog hop, so… hop around to other participating blogs and leave them some awesome comments.
6. Have fun.
Your flash fiction piece can be scary, comical, romantic, or whatever you choose, just be creative!
Side note - Not required: If you have a twitter account and have the extra time - of course - go ahead and send out a tweet letting us know you have posted your submission. Below is our @ accounts and the hashtag.
The winners will be posted on HALLOWEEN! That’s right, Wednesday, Oct. 31st. Jackie and I will each choose a winner. That’s right – two winners!
PRIZES: A grab bag and candy. The winners will get the biggest bags we can find of their favorite candy along with some spookified items.
Oh, and yes, this blogfest is international. So what are you ghouls waiting for? Sign up using the Linkie Thing below or in the side bar and spread the word!
AND THE WINNER WERE...
Jackie's choice WINNER pick...
Crocked by Some Dark Romantic - Mina Lobo.HERE.
The RUNNER UP'S were...
ONE MAGIC BEAN BUYER with VEIL HILL
TIFFANY READS with THE DARE
and Jackie's choices were...
Carving by Writing Off the Edge - L.G. Keltner
Randomness by The Growing Writer by Von L. Cid.
2013 Spooktoberfest Requirements:
- In addition to the above rules from 2012 here is what was asked of 2013 participants.
- Your Flash Fiction piece should be between 300 - 500 words.
- You must choose 3 of the 6 words listed below to include in your flash fiction piece…
- Choose at least 1 of the 4 pictures below to BE THE SETTING for your flash fiction piece.
"Dogwood" by WriterlySam
"10:27pm" by The Beveled Edge
"Aisle Three" by The Narrator's Study
"Nut's Anyone?" by LILICASPLACE
"Beautiful Sucks" by Defending the Pen
"Subcribe" by Writing Off the Edge
"Conjured" by Some Dark Romantic
My Baffling Brain